Director of Litigation Funding
Ruth is a dual Australian and UK qualified lawyer with extensive experience in international commercial litigation and arbitration. She joined Harbour Litigation Funding from the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre where as Managing Counsel she led the arbitration team and managed the Centre as Acting Secretary-General during the second half of 2014.
Ruth has wide-ranging insight into the diverse and growing number of cases handled in the Asia Pacific region and possesses strong connections with its dispute resolution community. Travelling worldwide, she has promoted the use of arbitration and other forms of dispute resolution and is a frequent speaker and author on arbitration-related issues and third party funding. Ruth also has experience in private practice which she developed with specialist firms with Debevoise & Plimpton in London, Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe in Paris and Coudert Brothers in Paris and Sydney.
She has in-depth expertise dealing with a wide range of proceedings conducted under many of the most recognised sets of institutional arbitration rules and ad hoc proceedings, as well as associated national court matters in civil and common law jurisdictions.
Ruth spearheads Harbour’s continuing growth in the Asia Pacific region.
A Harbour view
- Speakers’ Corner – Newton Arbitration, August 2017
- The global rise of litigation funding – Raconteur’s Legal Innovation Report 2017, 23 March 2017. For an insight into the full interview, click here.
- Hong Kong: a new era for litigation funding beckons – CDR, 20 December 2016
- A New Seat at the Mediation Table? The Impact of TPF on the Mediation Process: Part 1 and Part 2 – Kluwer Mediation Blog, 5 December 2016 and 1 April 2017 respectively.
- Interview about Singapore’s third party funding bill – GAR, 10 November 2016
- Third Party Funding, the funders’ perspective – International Arbitration Report, Norton Rose Fulbright, September 2016
- Hong Kong’s arbitration profile grows as legal framework for third party funding takes shape – MLex Market Insight, 31 August 2016
- In conversation with Ruth Stackpool-Moore – International Arbitration 1/3LY, Clyde & Co, June 2016