Founder, Investment Committee Member
Harbour co-founder Susan has been described by Litigation Funding Magazine as the Grand Dame of litigation funding because of her extensive experience in this area.
She has originated and managed over 130 litigation funding cases totalling over £3bn in claim value. Susan qualified as a solicitor in 1992 and has worked as a commercial litigator in both the United Kingdom and the United States where she was also a diplomat (Vice-Consul Investment), for the British Government.
In 2006, Susan was pivotal in the publication of the UK’s Civil Justice Council report and the consequent Chapter 11 of the Jackson Review of Costs published in 2011 which endorsed litigation funding. Susan was also central to the completion in 2011 of the Code of Conduct in England and Wales for Litigation Funders and the formation of the UK industry’s self-regulating body, the Association of Litigation Funders of which Susan is a founding director.
A Harbour view
- Her unabridged answers to ‘The latest global trends in TPF’ – The Lawyer, July 2017
- Change our attitude to change – Harbour View, Spring 2017
- In conversation with Harbour – the barrister, Hilary Term 2017
- Funders on the hook for indemnity costs in Excalibur – The Law Society Gazette, 18 November 2016
- #BakersDozen Interview – High Performance Counsel, 20 October 2016
- Litigation Funding report: broader appeal – The Lawyer, 6 June 2016